DATE FOR YOUR DIARY
April 30th 2023.
Five years to the day that we started clearing the site at Pairc na nEalaí, we get to have our official opening of the grounds at Ballyrichard Road. It’s a day that has been delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic but it’s a momentous day in the history of our club that needs to be celebrated.
On the day, we’ll welcome Larry McCarthy, Uachtaráin Cumann Lúthchleas Gael to Pairc na nEalaí.
The GAA President will arrive in Carrick at 11am.
More details of the weekend to follow in the coming weeks.
The last ten years will go down as a very important decade in the history of our club.
It’s a decade that saw us move our day-to-day activities out of Davin ‘Memorial’ Park and saw us develop our own state of the art facilities on Ballyrichard road.
Some important milestones to note:
- November 2012: An open meeting and workshop to gather ideas on how to drive the club forward unearthed a major desire amongst our members and supporters to devlop our own grounds.
- March 2015: After 2 years of searching and negotiating, a site is purchased on Ballyrichard Road.
- April 30th 2018: Work begins on the site at Ballyrichard Road.
- August 2018: Grass Seeds Set.
- July 1st 2020: First game. Carrick Swan vs Knockavilla Kickhams.
- First point: Eric O’ Halloran 3 minutes into the game.
- First goal: Dale O’ Hanlon 27 minutes in. 25 yard rasper into the Faugheen road end goal. A goal worthy of the opening game.
- April 30th 2023: Official Opening