New Field Development
In response to understandable queries regarding our proposed new field development at Ballyrichard Road the following is an update on where we are at now,
- To date we have spent in the region of €225K, this figure includes the purchase of the land and buildings and all associated costs, it also covers the works carried out at the site to date, as well as assessments required for our planning application.
- We still await a final decision on our planning application but we do expect a favourable outcome in the next number of weeks.
- We have just this month applied for funding through the Sports Capital Grant Scheme and this could take months before we will know whether or not we have been successful with our application.
- It is part of the rules of the scheme that we cannot begin any major works for which we are seeking financial assistance before gaining approval from the scheme administrators.
- Once we have the necessary funds in place to complete phase one we will be seeking final quotations to carry out the respective works.
- Phase one of the development will see us install a full regulation size playing pitch, training pitch, security fencing, ball stop netting and goal posts.
As you can imagine there will be substantial costs associated with this part of the development and apart from any assistance we may get we are also charged with raising as much finance as we possibly can.
Quite apart from the field development the day to day running costs of the club are also substantial. As you may also be aware we are running another ’12 Days of Christmas Draw’ for 2017 as our major fundraising initiative towards the development.
The old saying ‘Rome was not built in a day’ is very true but I promise you when the development is complete it will be a source of pride for us all. So once again thank you for all your support to date.