Club Facilities Update January 2021
In a year just gone that was very stop/start due to the ongoing pandemic and the various restrictions that were imposed we did manage to get a great amount of work completed nonetheless at our new facilities in Pairc na nEalaí.
The list below is not everything but it certainly gives a fair indication of what we successfully completed during the past year,
- We installed a submersible pump in our water well which will allow for the irrigation of the playing pitches when required.
- Purchased 2 top quality tractor grass mowers.
- Installed a spectator rail and footpath at club side.
- Installed a large machinery store.
- Erected ball stop netting behind both goals.
- Erected Croke Park standard goal posts and purchased 2 x Juvenile sets of goalposts.
- Installed 2 dugouts to seat substitutes and mentors.
- Installed 4 lighting poles complete with ducting and cabling, when fully complete will light the car park area, one side of main pitch and training area.
- A defibrillator was installed at Pairc na nEalai.
- Installed a superior CCTV system to ensure optimum security.
- Car park works began and will be completed to a final surface when restrictions are lifted.
- Final landscaping was also completed and all grass areas are now sown.
- The pitches received periodic fertilizing during the year.
All of the above cost in the region of €190,000 to complete and we thank everyone most sincerely for all your support to date and know we can rely on you again.
We hope to resume our club lotto as soon as possible and of course our own 12 Days of Christmas Draw will also return, we now turn our attention to raising funds to allow us install an astro training area complete with ball wall, fencing, lighting etc.
Thanks again for all your support, stay positive and stay safe.
Sean O’Shea – Development Officer